Monday, Aug. 19, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a great week, and I am learning so much about the Holy Ghost. I am humbled by how much I don't know, and I feel like I am just coming to know His role in my life. I know what it feels like to be guided by the Holy Ghost, but I must apply my faith by choosing to act on that guidance, and that is what I am working on. I am trying to learn more about the role of the Holy Ghost so that I can trust more in His guidance. Reading 1 Nephi 11, I have learned that the spirit teaches us according to our desires, so I am trying to have the right desires and ask for the right things.

I love being in Bloomington, and I love the YSA branch so much. We are building great relationships with the members and they are excited to work with us. They love teaching with us, and they are looking for ways to share the gospel with their friends. This branch is active in missionary work, and I am so blessed to be a part of it. Pres. Cleveland is changing the way we set goals, so instead of the missionaries coming together and setting a mission goal, the wards and branches are going to decide the baptismal goal for the rest of the year, and we are going to make that our mission goal and work with the members to achieve it!

I just feel a constant desire to do God's will, and I know that I'm not very good at it, so I've felt very humbled recently. But I am doing my best, and I am learning so much. We've seen a lot of miracles while we've been here. The most recent one is that we taught a guy the Restoration last week, he came to church yesterday, stayed all 3 hours, and even stayed for the potluck after church! We've also been meeting a lot of Freshmen from China who don't know anything about God. We teach them how to pray, and it's a whole new idea to them.

Sis. Clark and I sang "I Heard Him Come" at a Why I Believe fireside last night. I have loved singing and playing the piano while I've been here, and I have had lots of great opportunities to use music. Music is one of the best ways to invite the spirit, I LOVE IT!! 

Yesterday was Sis. Clark's 21st birthday (yay!!) so we celebrated with oreos, peanut butter, and milk. And then her mom sent her another package of oreos. We are set until Christmas.

I love you all. I love this gospel. I'm grateful for my testimony. Hold on to your testimonies. Keep praying. Keep reading your scriptures. Keep serving others. The gospel is true. 

Love, Sister Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment