Monday, May 13, 2013



Dear Family and Friends,

Well, the highlight of my week...definitely hearing my family's voices! I didn't even cry this time. I just have the best family, I can't even handle it. Why am I so blessed???

Other than that, this week has been a good missionary week, full of talking to people, awesome studies, and great lessons! Our one progressing investigator told us this week that she knows this is the right path for her, and she just hopes that her family sees her example and eventually wants to learn as well. She is taking things step by step. I have never seen such a change of heart in someone as I have with her. At the beginning she was critical of a lot of things and had a lot of hesitations and she wasn't super committed to reading the Book of Mormon, but now she gets so excited to meet with us and she has so many questions, and she knows it's all true! She knows it's for her! Now we just have to be patient and wait for her family to accept it as well. 

I went on two exchanges this week with other sisters, and they were great! Exchanges are always super uplifting--my favorite part is talking at the end about what we've learned. We're always re-motivated after an exchange, and miracles happen. With one sister, we talked to everyone we saw and we set 5 return appointments and found 9 potential investigators! Every single person wanted to talk to us! That is not normal. But it was awesome. 

We have our last zone conference this week with Pres. and Sis. Collins...then our new mission president comes July 1! Crazy to think they're leaving. I love them so much. We called Sis. Collins yesterday morning and sang "Love at Home" over the phone for Mother's Day. She said, "That is a first!" She was overjoyed :) What amazing people. I want to be like them when I'm older. 

Well I love you all. Happy spring. Keep being happy and loving life. Spread the gospel, because it's TRUE!!!

Love, Sister Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment