Monday, November 18, 2013

...staying!!! I'm staying in Bloomington!! I have a feeling I may be at IU for the rest of my mission...I would be totally ok with that :) Woot!! Sister Clark is leaving. We've been together for 3 transfers, which hardly ever happens! It will be really bizzare not to have her here.

What a crazy past 3 transfers. I have just been in awe as I've served in one of the most incredible areas of the world and met people who are truly being prepared. I can't believe the change of hearts that I've seen in so many individuals, and I feel so honored to be a part of this hastening of the work! Being here in Bloomington has been an answer to so many prayers. One of the reasons I decided to serve a mission was because I thought it would be fun to teach Asian people...and being on IU campus has definitely been an answer to that prayer. Right now we have two girls from China on date to be baptized, and several other Asians who have such a strong desire to learn about God!

C, the article writer, told us yesterday at church that she previously had doubts about joining the church, but now she feels that it is so right and every day she wakes up and knows this is the right thing for her. She receives confirmation after confirmation that the church is true, and it is happening way faster than she expected. She is ready to jump in the water right now! She asked her friend who just got home from his mission to baptize her, and he called her three times that day to make sure she was being serious. She said he's more excited than she is. Her baptismal date is December 14, but that may change depending on when he is available to baptize her. Miracles!!

I really don't know how we manage to teach so many people here, but God has definitely sustained me this past week. Some days I didn't know how I would survive, and the spirit just took over when I had no more energy or ability to think clearly. I am grateful that this is the Lord's work, and that even when I am weak He provides a way to make things happen.

I am grateful for the time I've had to serve with Sis. Clark. I've learned a lot from her, and I know she will do great things in her next area. She is an incredibly dedicated servant of the Lord and she won't budge from her purpose. She is an amazing example to me.

Love you all! The atonement is real! I've experienced Christ's grace first hand this week, and I can definitely testify that this gospel is true. Christ really knows how to help us. Use Him.

Love, Sister Allen

PICTURES
1 & 2 - Dinner with the McClellans, the senior couple at the institute on campus
3 - Sister Clark and I eating our honorary cake in a cup! It's easy...you pour cake mix in a cup, mix it with water, peanut butter, and chocolate chips, stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes...and voila :) Best creation ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment