Monday, October 28, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

We are officially in a trio! Sis. Bowen's (serving in Clear Creek) companion is now in Australia, so we are serving with her and covering both IU Campus and Clear Creek. It is CRAZY! And super awesome. They have some pretty sweet investigators so it's been fun to get to know them and the members in the ward! 

This week there will be an article published in the Indiana Daily Student about me and Sis. Clark. Well, mostly about Sis. Clark because she studied women's studies at BYU and that's pretty interesting to people who don't know much about Mormon women :) The journalist we've been teaching finished it last week, and another girl in journalism took our pictures last week for the article. And we are setting up an appointment to meet with her this week :) Our plan is to baptize the whole journalism school at IU... I'll let you know next week where you can find the article online! 

We reviewed the baptismal interview questions with J this week, and he is super ready and super excited!! When he found out he was going to be interviewed he got super excited and he said, "There is no possible way this interview will fail!" When I read him the last baptismal interview question about if he was ready to be faithful to this covenant, he raised his hand in the air and said, "I am ready to...be...faithful...to...it!" And he passed on Saturday! He's getting baptized on November 2!

We decided the mission presidents should start calling assisterants! :) hehe

We're still teaching like crazy and trying to keep ourselves sane. It's so great to stay so busy, and we are just trying to keep up with all God is giving us. I'm learning so much about myself and about how to serve. 

Yesterday in sacrament meeting we sang hymn 185, and the 3rd and 4th verses talk about using the Savior...I realized I haven't utilized my Savior like I should. I thought to myself, "Christ is your Savior. Use Him. Let Him help you." This is His work, and we are simply instruments. It is so hard to mold ourselves into who He wants us to be. But we must let Him mold us, and become who He wants us to become. Then we can be better instruments in His hands, and serve His children even better.

I love this work. I love this gospel. Actually, I'm crazy about it. I love all of you. Thanks for your incredible support.

Love, Sister Allen

PICTURE--Us at the airport sending Sis. Goldrup off to Australia!


No comments:

Post a Comment