Monday, Feb. 4, 2013

Dearest family and friends,

Big week this week! We got a call last Wednesday from President Collins. Sometimes he likes to call the sisters about a week before transfers so we can have time to process what's gonna happen next. Well, looks like Sis. Crosby will be staying in Zionsville to finish training a sister who has already been out 6 weeks. She will do so well, and I feel ok leaving because I know the branch will take good care of her. Sis. Crosby is such an obedient and good missionary! As for me, I am leaving Zionsville. I knew it was gonna happen. But now it's official. Also, I will be opening an area that has been closed for awhile and training a new missionary. So...here goes. Eek! This is where the spike of missionaries begins! We're getting 9 new sisters and like 18 new elders! This is crazy. We are all so anxious and excited, and transfer meeting this week is going to be so intense. 

I feel a lot of trust from God to be going to a new area and training again. I have been praying a lot that I'll know what to do and how to help my companion. I'm sad to leave Zionsville, naturally, but I know that God is extremely involved in every detail and I will go where I need to. It's very humbling to a be a missionary. I'm so grateful for the opportunities I've had and for those to come. It sounds cliche, but I truly mean it and I'm just involved in the best work in the world. 

We've got some good missionaries here in Indiana. I absolutely love being a missionary. This is the best work in the world. We are preparing for the greatest event that is to come. Christ is truly preparing the hearts of the people here, and it is a blessing to bring the gospel to their lives. Ah, I just love it. My heart is so full. I have no idea where I'll be next week...but that's missionary work. Ready or not.

Love you all!!!

Sister Allen

PICTURES
1 - One of our investigators took us to downtown Indy last Monday and this is us at the War Memorial! Super cool!
2 - Ya, that's us going in to teach the governor. 
3 - Cousins!! I went on exchanges and Sis. Coleman didn't tell me we were going to Joey and Sally's for dinner! Best family ever :)
4 - Our wonderful neighbor!! She lights up our lives. I will sure miss her.
5 - Another pic at the war memorial in Indy











No comments:

Post a Comment